Sunday, June 29, 2008

Arches, Twisters, & Homemade Brew

Havent been able to dock the boat for awhile but I am finally able to now. We settled in to Utah- Arches National Park, where it is 101 degrees right now at 6:00pm, we opted for a cabin with ac!

So much distance covered and adventures had however I am so tired and too hot to share everything so here go some highlights!!

We left Tennessee- my favorite state thus far- who knew- and drove into arkansas to see the Trail of Tears, then into Missouri to see the gateway to the west but more importantly to tour the Ann. Bush factory! yay beer!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We camped along the Missouri river in the most wicked lightening storm!!! Yes, once again I was scared, and yes once again it turned out to be for no reason. Like armadillos, tornatos and I have never met so I stayed up all night waiting for one to suck me up, it didnt, and here I am.

Photobucket>

We headed into Kansas, destination Beaver- a small town of less then 30 peeps- to stay a night with my uncle Lenny who has his own kick ass brewery!

Photobucket

With a list of recommendations on what to eat and how many growlers to bring home we went in with a list. Linda, his wife, and Lenny work the brewery and call it Mo's place. It was rad, first because they didnt charge us for anything so Amy and I had like 8 beer each, chicken strips, hickory smoked burgers, corn nuggets (these are heaven), potato cheese poppers, baked potato, and to top it off heavenly ice cream sandwiches; it was also so great to see my uncle so happy. His life looks complete, simple and relaxed and it was nice having the opportunity to see him.

Photobucket
Me, Lenny, Linda, and Amy

Photobucket

We left the next day and headed into Colorado- beauty beauty!!! I have yet to upload the pics but thanks to Alex's recommendation we stopped in Denver to go to Casa Bonita, seen the South Park episode?
It was crazy!!!!! Its not just dinner, it is the huge vast indoor amusement mecca--this can only be explained through pictures!

Anyway I am going to swim now. I am on the last legs of this miraculous journey and it has been such an amazing experience. I hope everyone has the opportunity to do this someday- and me maybe twice!

America is so beautiful. And I am so sweaty. Tomorrow is the Durango Train and then on to Grand Canyon to finish off the last couple of days...:(

-rebs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ask your uncle if he wants another wife.
- Lisa