Monday, June 23, 2008

Never was a horse like the Tennessee Mare

Photobucket

Blew into the smoky mountains in Tennessee yesterday. Breathtaking. Listened to John Denver for the ride along the Blue Ridge Mountains, also known as the Appalachian Trial. The quiet and full force foliage road lead us into Smoky Mountain National Park in Tennessee. This state is breathtaking. I now know what he means when he sings 'almost heaven, west virginia, blue ridge mountains, shining blue rivers'.

Photobucket

Amy and I are calling the small rustic town of Pigeon Forge our home for the next couple of days. With thunder storms always present we are staying in a small cabin along the river, known also as Pigeon River,

Photobucket

awesome huh? It is also home to the Dukes of Hazard. We are going to visit Cooter's later, the bar- now museum- in which the tv show was filmed. Going to look for that special one piece for Lance! Also I thought it important to point out as we get closer to the original KFC and KFC museum, buffets are a constant. Buffet at KFC anyone??? :)

Photobucket

Last night I was able to become the most intimate with fireflies. I put seven of them in a jar and used them for the lantern that guided me down the KOA road to play Ms Pacman, cool of coolness. I also let some lose in our cabin to enjoy at night. These insects are everywhere here and so friendly they just land on you and almost sit down fireside and enjoy a beer!
The above video is me playing with fireflies!!

Amy is on a hike through the smoky mountains now as I opted to sleep in late- good choice. Later we are going to hit the bars of PIgeon Forge, it is said by my motorcycle neighbor they have moonshine here, though no alcohol sales on sunday- how is that a division of church and state!!! This is the first time amy and i have been separated on this trip, I feel alone!! It could be because I am the middle of Tennessee without a car, no way to access moonshine unless I hitchhike, or it could be because I miss my sister- I opt for the last one.

Moonshine awaits!
-Rebs

3 comments:

Unknown said...

a kfc buffet? dammit, i knew i should of gone with you guys.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh the pic of the firefly on your hand was so cool. it is fun to sense your excitement thru your words. please be sure to take pics of your plates at the buffet. wow to ride along and listen to john truly must be heaven lucky yous

---- said...

mmmm i'm hungry.