Sunday, June 15, 2008

Day 6- We woke up!!!

Photobucket
our camp site at 'turtle bayou'

We did it, amy and I slept on the bayou. It was very scary and so loud with all the creatures however once inside the tent we sort of adjusted. The insects were screaming, armadillos roaming, and beautifully exquisite fire flies danced on the back of our tent and overhead. It didn't help that the woman here told us not to swim 'cuz there's gators in the water'.

Photobucket

The night sky was star lit and bats few at close range overhead. I think the fear of armadillos is just that I am not used to them, after relying on dad for our information, 'no they are not dangerous just dont corner them' it felt better. They are so awesome to look at, mostly deaf creatures, they hide in river holes and come out at night. They are slow and not too quick on their feet, as you can see by this one roadside on the way into the campground. They sort of resemble dinosaurs.

Photobucket

Sleeping on the bayou is sort of like trying to sleep in a bathroom someone is taking a very hot shower in with the doors and windows closed. It is so hot, sticky, and your dripping all the time; even now as I sit and type this at 6:00 am. Amy and I slept inches apart and she warned me that if I touched her skin she would kick me out of the tent. Its not the sort of place you want to make woopy in. Yet, we woke up!!!

Photobucket

We're packin up and headin to new orleans however I am so proud of us for 'sticking it out' and staying here that I wanted to post this now. we rock for city folk!

-rebs

2 comments:

kityspit said...

you sweated your hair color off- check out your pillow

Anonymous said...

I dont do camping.....im more of a 5 star hotel and dining...We miss you..come back home..