Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day 1 - Tombstone!

Photobucket

Wo doggy!

Its 102 in the southern arizona desert. Day one of my cross country trip found us in Tombstone, 'the town to tough to die'. Its 8 miles north of the mexican boarder and so fuckin beautiful. There isn't one person who lives here who is under 60 and everyone has kick ass facial hair, including some of the women. Because its so hot there are few tourists here so last night amy and I stood out like new folks and when we left we walked back to our campsite at 9pm. Being the only people walking through a ghost town at dusk was breathtaking, it was truly awesome- yes I am a dork. The peeps have been very nice to us, surprisingly not what I figured with nice conversation taking place under confederate flags and minute men tshirts; I find if I just shut my mouth and not talk politics people are nice. However, I have been grinding my teeth more than usual. Much of the conversation centered around gas prices; here gas is 3.64 and they didnt believe us that in la it is 4.34 and in san fran it is 4.45- they offered us condolences and a free beer!

We went to Big Nose Kate's Saloon, the oldest bar here from 1864. She was the wife of Doc Holiday and the owner and working brothel manager of the saloon, IT IS GORGEOUS!!!!
Anyhow more updates to follow..we're off the to OK Coral now with our guns at 8:05 am, is it too early to kill someone? I'll post more at next chance, standby for aliens at Roswell.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Why Kate, you’re not wearing a bustle... how lewd"

P.s., the problem isn't the skyrocketing price of fossil fuels, so much as it's the sinking feeling that everybody is still dumb enough to utilize 19th century technology in almost every aspect of survival and commerce. You stay classy, Amerikkka!