Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Jack Daniels meets Elvis

Photobucket

Photobucket

We did it, on my list of top destinations, ladies and gentlemen I give you Jack Daniels. This tour was like watching how the bible was written, it was an entire walk through and lesson about how good whiskey is made and the tour allows you to sniff every step. The most nauseating step was one, the ingredients lay in huge vats then heated to perfection, but holy mole was the smell strong, so strong a day later I still have Jack Daniels stuck somewhere between my throat and nose- like bad drugs! We got gifts for everyone, dont worry... Also did you know this tour takes place in a dry county- yup no samples! So no sales other then the kick ass gifts we bought, however if we opened and drank them there we would be jailed- YAY BOOTLEGGIN!!

Photobucket

After that we rolled into Memphis, checked into a shitty motel along the mississippi, which is crazy full, and hit Beale Street, home of the blues. We were a bit disappointed with how touristy it was but the music and atmosphere were good, I put amy to bed for the second time!

Photobucket

In the morning we went to GRACELAND! Amy took the proper steps to ensure she embodied the look of a crazy fan and we went inside the mansion of Elvis- I cannot even explain it so I wont, just wait for pictures. It looked like a cross between an old colonial style home and the Madonna Inn.

Photobucket

We then went to the assassination site of Dr. King. Sad. Dont have much to say on this topic that I havent already said in prior entries; I am honored to have been there.

Photobucket

Tennessee is by far the most racist state we have been in, this state is more what I thought the "South" would be like. A few days ago when Amy and I were in Pigeon Forge, TN I was drinking water in a parking lot while she shopped and I had the pleasure of overhearing a conversation between two couples about how Barak Osama will never become president and how we -america- have so many weapons stockpiled that it will ensure no nigger ever becomes president. They laughed and I stood there full of so much shock, then anger, then sadness. I said nothing because nothing came to mind that would change what had been said. For anyone, my uncle and aunt included, who say that racism is dead and Blacks should just get over it and move on, I am asking you to spread your wings and fly. This country is only slightly better since its recent history with civil rights. It makes me so angry and so sad that all I can do is try not to scream the same profanities at them they see in others. Uneducated, unworldy, and shame on their parents for raising them with these values.

Photobucket

2 comments:

---- said...

That is extremely frustrating...

Unknown said...

Your picks are sooo freaking rad!!! i am so glad you are on this trip...so much more yet to see!!!!