Saturday, June 14, 2008

Deep in the heart of Texas-Day 4 & 5

Photobucket

Ok, Texas, we made it, stay with me as amy and i are literally sitting at our campsite on the bayou as I type this and I am fighting off mosquitos!!!
(ok typing from inside the tent) We rolled into texas both scared, turns out for no reason. We had a blast!!! First we hit the alamo, no basement and no pee props, it was sad and we felt happy we didnt pay to get in. All signs indicated the site stands for independence, no mention of fighting to maintain slavery. Amy did her best to carry out the pee wee tour though and we got some great video.

Photobucket

Then we rolled on to Austin, which I can honestly say was rockin, the best day thus far. We got lucky, there was biker convention, I mean BIKERS!!!
Photobucket

Amy and I hung out and talked with so many of them, as their bikes lined 6th street, the street with hundreds of bars, they are truly an awesome culture and quite respectable. Amy almost joined the Iron Pigs, however I rescued her just in time and brought her back to life with ice water and a piece of pizza. Why bike I asked, one mans reply 'sometimes I just like the feel of titties bouncing on my back!'. I know what you mean. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

All in all it was a crazy good time, however there are now bugs flying into the screen and armadillos outside so we getting nervous, I am shutting this thing down; are we crazy to sleep on the bayou?

Ok tomorrow new orleans around 2pm so I will pick it up then, so much to show you all and so much to tell, I miss everyone though and wish they were here. Also there are a lot of Bush hatin folks in texas, thats so good to know!!!!

Photobucket

I love you guys, hope I survive the night!

-Rebs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you are reading this, then the armadillos didn't break in your tent. How many bikers did? We love living vicariously through you two, keep the adventure tales comin!