Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New Mexico!-Day 3

Photobucket

White sands national park New Mexico, look familiar? It should, this is my Luke Skywalker pose. This park was beautiful, pure white sands for miles. Then we headed into Roswell where for the first time in my life I saw elk, in the wild, it was beautiful. Also road side I saw this dead deer.

Photobucket

There was a roadside monument of where Geronimo surrendered. Someone carved attrition into the top, I liked that. It was a sad monument and when I looked around at the huge vast desert I once again realized how fucked up the white man is. Plenty for everyone, but we had to steal everything.

Photobucket

From here we headed into the town of Roswell, pulled off in the middle of the night to look for ET, didnt see him though.

Photobucket

We went to the museum this morning and all the pictures and documents make for a pretty convincing argument, so we put a sticker on the back of amy's car and headed south to Carlsbad Caverns.

Photobucket

The Carlsbad caverns are caves you can hike down inside of, it was like heaven, if their was such a place, quiet, cold, and so fuckin magical, the calico mine ride at knott's does not do it justice. I hiked the whole thing too, 750 feet down, it was scary at first and until your eyes adjust you were blind and felt along the side of the cave for your way. Too magical, Amy and I felt as though we were the Goonies looking for the ship and pretty much quoted the movie throughout when we got scared and also sang the never-ending story theme.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We got back and checked into the KOA campground where I sit on the porch riding this as I fight big giant bugs from climbing inside my ears. However its is filled with families of bunnies, kinda makes up for it. We are waiting till it become pitch black and being only 70 miles south of Roswell will be searching the sky for answers. If you dont see another post it because I went up to the spirit in the sky. Which sucks because this campground has biscuits and gravy for its continental breakfast at 7:00am.

Stay tuned Texas tomorrow, that my friends should be interesting... load your guns and shut your mouth rebecca.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute... there's a NEW Mexico?

---- said...

BEST POST EVER. hahaha that sticker is the best!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the Chupacabra got that goat!