Thursday, June 18, 2009

Monkey's are Go! And 36!

Photobucket
Behold Yamashiro!

Last night I took Monkey to Yamashiro, a fine Japanese restaurant in the Hollywood Hills. He celebrated his 36 year of birth and because this last year has been very hard work for him I wanted to do something to demonstrate how I proud I am of all of his accomplishments!

Photobucket
Our journey began with drinks in the garden. It was also movie night so they played Ghostbusters, to celebrate their 25th birthday, on the patio as we sipped drinks and waited for our table. They had delicious Sangria with rose pedals inside the drink that made a unique yet overwhelming taste. I also tried a fruit from Hawaii, known as zapote. It sort of taste like a pear and apparently according to one charming bartender it is the new rage in Los Angeles for Martini's. I just opted for the fruit.

Photobucket
Once inside we enjoyed a fine cuisine of Sushi!!!!! I have recently discovered that I like unagi, eel. I got the unagi with avacado and Monkey got the sushi extravaganza, he a bit more bold and daring in taste than I. The staff were kind enough to bring him a mini birthday cake of vanilla soy bean however they failed to bang the giant gong located in the lobby when you first enter, eh. Guess the place was too classy for reenactments of Farrel's big drum and sparklers.
Photobucket

After dinner we strolled through the 'pagoda garden' on the restaurant grounds.
Photobucket
It was twilight and the weather cool. We talked about life and about how we have changed, agreeing it was for the better and explored what lies ahead. Monkey is my best friend and although at times we have been at each others throats and struggled to remain friends, I feel I am very blessed to have him in my life.

Happy Birthday Monkey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a lovely place, perfect for sure for you 2 to celebrate a birthday and how much you have gown in such good ways