Sunday, October 11, 2009

Much has happened in a week.

Photobucket

Last weekend began with me turning in what I hope is my last rent payment EVER! Believe it or not I sort of got nostalgic. It is no surprise I love this apartment with it's old paned windows and exposed brick walls, it has been a magical place for me these last fourteen years. However it doesn't take much for me to know that in this time I have also paid over $117,000 and have nothing to show for it. Yay fat cat landlords.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So Monk and I decided to pack a lunch and head up to our alcove in Barnsdall park, we wanted one more chance to walk through the park and also decided to explore some stores we had never been in before. I actually ate Indian food at the Electric Lotus and had an Indian beer called Mahatma and an appetizer of veggie samosa's - good shit! Expect my body had trouble processing the chutney I used as a garnishment, who knew?

Photobucket

From there we strolled down Hillhurst and ran into a small Japanese Place where we had beer and edamame, this place was cute and right across from Albertsons yet we had never noticed it.

Photobucket

Then we walked down Los Feliz in the setting twilight and enjoyed the buzz of our beer and the quaint houses that line my street. In addition, we discovered a gay bar that had been here all this time called The Stone on Hollywood Blvd which is a Thai bar on most nights but hosts drag shows and gogo boys on friday and saturday. Here we asked for a good thai drink and they gave us Mekhong- it tasted like a rum and whiskey combo - very strong and very choice.

Photobucket

I guess I never knew how much I like my neighborhood, when you take out the hipsters, overpriced coffee shops, and all the people who sit in starbucks discussing their screenplays and audition call backs it's not that bad however I am looking forward to moving to a new area.

I feel better today, after dealing with the eight car pile up on the freeway yesterday and knowing I will be without a truck for a bit sucks, however it could have been a lot worse so I will accept it for what it, another pain in my balls and financial misfortune. Monique and Fernando came up this weekend and also explored Hollywood with us, Fernando in awe of the bright lights, stars and celebs and it was cool seeing them again. Don't get to it very often however twice in the past month- this makes me happy. Thats it.

No comments: