Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sadie Ginger Jones

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I don’t know the actual birth date of my dog however it was sometime in October of 1994. My dog will be 13 next month. Our trips to the park have gotten shorter as when we go she tends to just lay in the grass, when she is not eating it. Her hips are sore and her two back legs drag the ground when she walks. I have to physically pick her up to put her in my truck and she struggles to get up on the bed most of the time. I don’t want to think about life without her. She has always been there for me, to lay with me when I cry, to leave a mess for me when I get home from a long day of work, and to look at me with her head tilted when she knows I am about to do something wrong. I bet if she could speak she would save me a lot of time as she has watched me grow old alongside her. If you have a pet you know they become a regular fixture of your support system. I am most certain she will live to be thirty…

No comments: