Saturday, September 8, 2007

I Go Walking After Midnight

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I’m sitting on the floor watching Monique build my website and to be honest I’m bored. Half of me wants to help her and the other half wants to nap, so somewhere in the middle of thinking I came to the conclusion that if I just sat here and typed she would think I was working on something. I look serious, real serious.

I went walking last night up to Los Feliz and down the quiet streets of the upper class neighborhood that echo the hills of my home. It was one of those magical nights where after feeling cooped up in the house, I wish I lived in a coop, my hamster began running overtime to remind me I need to make new friends so I left and started walking. One of the nice things about my neighborhood is that several of the old brick houses have galleons on their weather panes.

I walked up and down the streets feeling as if at any moment I was going to stumble upon some magical wooden door that would creak open and an invitation from a hobbit would beckon me into some other place. It didn’t and I ended up at Rite Aid to buy an ice cream sandwich, mint chip (as if there were any other flavor). There was a man sitting outside the door asking for change so I bought him one too. He thanked me and I headed back for home passing several bars on the way. I’m trying to cut back on my drinking, it has gotten me into a lot of trouble lately. My mania shifts and people walk on eggshells and for them I am sorry. I want so many things to be different in my life, too many fuckin things.

1 comment:

---- said...

i am so glad you started this, i really hope you keep it up because so far i don't want to stop reading, i love these sorts of blogs. you have inspired me to actually start writing in my blog more often...i feel like i write more in my livejournal (almost every day) and it leaves me no time for anything else but that will change.