Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Home Sick

I am sick. Sick again. I just had a cold before Christmas and thought I was immune, immune I tells ya but no, no I am not. I went to work yesterday trying to power my way through the day and ending up leaving early. So now I sit on the couch stuck here surrounded by day time tv, have you ever seen anything more depressing. My morning began with Jerry Springer and now I am watching Maury, it a celebrity look like episode. HELP!!!

I hate using sick time when I'm actually sick. In fact I dont remember the last time I called in sick for being actually sick. I'm not out having fun, on a trip, or hung over. Nope, I am sick. There isn't much to do in your house when your sick. You lay on the couch and look around at projects you could finish but where is the energy. You lay around thinking about fun times you could having using a sick day and think about getting up and showering cuz you could go out, but no, you are sick.

My regiment includes tylenol cough syrup every three hours and 'Sine Off' pills monkey's dad got from some Mexican knock off store, these pills actually work and every once in awhile my nose dries up. When I sneeze its bliss because for the next three seconds I can actually breathe about of both nostrils.Ahhhh. I am taking cough drops, sippin tea, drinking chicken soup, and occasionally enjoying hot chocolate. I can't hear out of my ears and when I speak the sound of my own voice echoes in my head. It's great, especially when I sing.

Well, drop me a line, or three or four, I am so sad sick and bored! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Enjoy" this time to rest, you give so much of your self to everyone Bec that you do a rest. A good book and cuddly blanket - thats the best medicine. Take good care of yourself cu I love ya

Anonymous said...

hope you are feeling better now.... love ya sis!